At Philippine Span Asia Carrier Corporation (PSACC), we are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and visitors to our website. As such, we ensure that appropriate measures are in place to protect your data and that said measures are reflected in every process where your personal information is involved.
Data we process
We collect and process personal information in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, the issuances by the NPC, and other pertinent laws. The following are the kind of data that we collect from direct interactions, online booking, automatic tracking technologies, and third-party sources:
- Device data: Computer Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier (UDID), cookies and other data linked to a device, and data about usage of our website (Usage Data)
- Customer Data and Transaction Data: name, address, contact Number, email Address used for creation of Bill of Lading
- Vendor Data: business name, address, email address, contact number, contact person needed for price negotiations, request for quotations, purchase orders, accounts receivable and payable.
- Compliance data: Identification documents for Dangerous goods cargo such as Dangerous Goods permit and Material safety data sheet.
We may combine this information with other data we receive from you or other sources. We take your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us at [email protected].
Why Data is being collected.
We collect personal information for several purposes, including the data and information necessary for us to provide our shipping and logistics services, improve our services, personalize your experience, and comply with legal obligations, more particularly the following business and operational purposes:
- Customer Data is needed to create a Booking and the Bill of Lading, among other reasons.
- Vendor Data is needed for price negotiations, request for quotations, purchase orders, accounts receivable and payable, among other reasons.
- Compliance Data is needed as part of regulatory requirements when the Cargo is tagged as Dangerous goods, among other reasons.
- Job Applicant Data as part of the Employment Application process to identify the applicant and review the credentials, , among other reasons.
How Data is collected.
We are committed to collecting your personal information in a fair, transparent, and lawful manner. We collect personal information from various sources, including:
- Directly from You: We may collect personal information directly from you when you use our website and services, such as when you book for your cargo needs, or when you contact us.
- Automatically: We may collect personal information automatically when you use our website and services, such as but not limited to through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. These technologies help us personalize your experience, monitor the performance of our website, and analyze user behavior to improve our services.
- From Third Parties: We may collect personal information from third-party sources, such as shipping and logistics partners, marketing and advertising partners, and data brokers. We ensure that any third parties we work with are compliant with applicable laws and regulations and are committed to protecting your personal information.
Recipient of Data
PSACC will only share your data to third parties to fulfill its service to you and give you a better service. Any Data Shared with third parties will be covered by the privacy agreement between PSACC and such third parties concerned to ensure the safety and security of your data.
- PSACC employees, to facilitate your cargo shipment requests, collection of data may be done online via a web booking platform, application booking platform or on-site booking.
- Softship, Wisetech Global Group as the provider for software solutions and related services to shipping.
- Google Analytics for website traffic, page views
- NetSuite for accounts receivable and payable
- Sertica for vendor evaluation
- Loginext for delivery automation
Data Retention and Disposal
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our shipping and logistics services, comply with legal obligations, and improve our services, among other purposes and reasons.
If you no longer wish to use our services or want us to delete your personal information, please contact us using the information provided in this policy. We will take reasonable steps to delete your personal information in a timely manner, subject to legal and regulatory requirements.
One of our main objectives is to provide you with a convenient way to access your personal data and exercise your rights under the law. If you wish to exercise any of your rights, you may contact our Data Protection Officer. Note, however, that changes and deletion of your personal information from our records shall only be done if within justifiable means and cause. To protect information from malicious or accidental destruction, residual copies from active servers and records found in backup system may not be immediately deleted.
PIC is the person who controls the collection, holding, processing or use of personal information, including the instruction to another person or organization to collect, hold, process, use, transfer or disclose personal information on his or her behalf.
Our PIC may be contacted at the following address and contact details:
Philippine Span Asia Carrier Corporation
Name: Alejandro Legaspi
Address: 415 San Fernando St. Binondo, Manila, Philippines
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (+632) 8527-8351 local 2308
We may share your personal information with third parties in order to provide our shipping and logistics services, improve our services, or comply with legal obligations. These third parties may include shipping partners, financial institutions, and government agencies.
We take steps to ensure that any third party we share your personal information with has appropriate security measures in place to protect your data. We also require that any third party we share your data with only uses it for the purpose for which it was provided.
User Rights under the Data Privacy Act of 2012
- Right to be informed
You have the right to be informed whether personal information pertaining to you, are being or have been processed.
Personal information refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
2. Right to access
You have the right to demand reasonable access to the following information, upon prior written request: (1) Contents of his or her personal information that were processed; (2) Sources from which personal information were obtained; (3) Names and addresses of recipients of the personal information; (4) Manner by which such data were processed; (5) Reasons for the disclosure of the personal information to recipients; (6) Information on automated processes where the data will or likely to be made as the sole basis for any decision significantly affecting or will affect the data subject; (7) Date when his or her personal information concerning the data subject were last accessed and modified; and (8) The designation, or name or identity and address of the personal information controller.
3. Right to dispute
You have the right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in the personal information in writing and have the PIC correct it immediately and accordingly, unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable.
If the personal information have been corrected, the PIC shall ensure access to both the new and the retracted information and the simultaneous receipt of the new and the retracted information by recipients thereof: Provided, That the third parties who have previously received such processed personal information shall be informed of its inaccuracy and its rectification upon your reasonable written request.
- Right to Recall
You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal information from the PIC’s filing system upon discovery and substantial proof that the personal information are incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
In this case, the PIC may notify third parties who have previously received such processed personal information upon your written request.
2. Right to be indemnified
You have the right to be indemnified for any proven damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal information.
3. Right to Data Portability
You have the right, where personal information is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format, to obtain from the PIC, a copy of data undergoing processing in an electronic or structured format, which is commonly and allows for your further use, subject to the electronic format, technical standards, modalities and procedures for transfer, mandated by the NPC.
There are two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. You have the option to disable cookies in your browser settings, but please note that doing so may affect the functionality of our website.
By accessing this website, you indicate and confirm your acknowledgment and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of this Policy. You thus understand and agree that we have the right to revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time, in whole or in part, without prior notice to you.
In line with your consent, you should check back often so you are aware of your current rights and responsibilities.
Your continued use of this website after changes to its Terms and Condition have been published constitutes your binding acceptance of the updated Terms and Condition. If at any time the Terms and Conditions are not acceptable to you, you should immediately cease all use of this website.
You further agree that your use of this website shall be governed by Philippine laws and agree that the venue of any relevant suit shall exclusively be in the proper courts of the City of Manila, Philippines, to the exclusion of all other courts and venues